Get started with Analytics
- To start collecting basic data from a website or mobile app:
Set up a property in your Analytics account. A property represents your website or app, and is the collection point in Analytics for the data from your site or app.
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account:
- Go to google.com/analytics
- Click SIGN IN > Analytics.
- Do one of the following:
- To create an account, click More options > Create account.
- To sign in to your account, enter the email address and password associated with the account.
Set up a reporting view in your property. Views let you create filtered perspectives of your data; for example, all data except from your company’s internal IP addresses, or all data associated with a specific sales region.
Locate the Tracking Code for your Analytics setup.
Once you have your code, copy it and send it to the support team using the instant messenger tool on your site to have them implement this onto your website.
- Your Code will appear something like this - UA-XXXXXXXX-X